Saturday, August 27, 2016

the best three months

So, three months ago this amazingly awesome little love bug came into the world and changed our family forever.



This is Kaden Michael, my as-of-today three-month-old nephew. He lives in Las Vegas with his mom, my little sister Kari, and his dad Lorenzo. And I have been extremely remiss in documenting his amazingness here. But I am going to let myself off the hook for lack of baby blogging because I've been too busy hanging out with him whenever I can, showing off photos of his cuteness to anybody and everybody, and spoiling him with cute outfits and musical sing-along play mats. (I also hereby freely admit that his first Christmas and first Birthday gifts are already purchased and stashed in my guest room.)

I've been a pseudo-auntie to a few (well at least 7) of my friends' kids over the last 12 years, and I love those kids a lot, but it's nothing like what I feel for Kaden. I've started driving four hours through the desert just so I can sit on the sofa and hold him. When my sister texts a new photo of him, it immediately brightens my day. When he gets fussy on Facetime, I want to go to him and comfort him. And I am already planning for his first LA Kings game in the 2020-2021 season when he's four. (He, of course, already has a Kings onesie and a Bailey binkie, but by then he will have a kids-size Drew Doughty or Anze Kopitar jersey. He may live in Vegas and they may be getting a hockey team next year, but he it going to be raised a Kings fan and will understand icing before his 8th birthday... mark my words. )

Here are a few of my favorite of the 125+ photos and videos I have of him on my phone. We're so lucky to have this little guy in our lives now :)

1-day old in his Foo-rific fashion, courtesy of Auntie Kim
The photo that drove my dad to buy a 2nd house in Vegas to be closer to Kaden
Happy Kaden on my visit to Vegas last weekend (Auntie Kim just changed his poopie diaper ;)

LOVE! #cheeks

No comments:

Post a Comment