Saturday, December 31, 2016

sunday funday: oak glen apple orchards

Back in October, my dear friend Jenny, her daughter / my eye-rolling mini-me Ruthie and our friend Leslie flew down from Portland for a girls weekend of fun and wizardry. Saturday was catch-up day, Monday was our trek to Universal Studios for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (more on that later), and Sunday was this Funday -- introducing Jen, Ruthie, Leslie, Jen's cool cousin Erin and her daughter Emmie to my "Find Fall" go-to spot, Oak Glen Apple Orchards in Yucaipa, CA.

First stop was Parrish Pioneer Ranch, where I purchased delicious apple butter, peanut brittle and kettle corn. It's also home to a few cute shops (where I did some early Christmas shopping) and a mini-animal farm, home to these colorful guys... who I hope are still there post-Turkey Day. Gobble, gobble, gulp...



Second stop on the Oak Glen loop was Law's Cider Mill, for jugs of fresh apple cider. Then we did some shopping at Oak Tree Village, where Ruthie and I snapped this awesome selfie...


And then I bought a beautiful teal infinity scarf, fingerless purple mittens to wear at Kings games (yet still use my phone), and a cute little doggie baby blanket for my niece-to-be from Shari at Creations by Shari. All so cute/cuddly, and Shari is so nice. Go buy stuff on her Etsy page!

After lunch at the Mexican food restaurant (aka the only place without a 30+ minute wait), we hit the highlight of our adventure.... waiting in line at Snow-Line Orchard for their famous, fresh-made apple donuts


While waiting in the line outside (because it was THAT long), I found Fall -- beautiful, pretty colors!


Then we made it to the door of the store... getting closer...


Once you're inside and around the little corner, you can watch them making the donuts. From there, it's like 5 minutes till you get your own warm, bag (or two!) of mini-apple donuts, which then disappear in about 60 seconds! So good!


 


Snow-line is also where I always actually buy apples.... this year they had mini-bags of mini-apples, which are great for someone like me who does not eat an apple a day (although after how sick I was two weeks ago, maybe I should!) I purchased mini-Jonagold and mini-Braeburn apples. Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment