Granted this year -- since I just started binge-watching Mad Men a week before the new TV season started -- there is a new standard all shows (old and new) must meet to earn a space on my Tivo One Pass list: Is this show SO good that it's worth NOT spending this time watching another episode of Mad Men?
The answer for these new shows sampled last week is no:
- The Muppets -- I gave it a shot for sentimental reasons. The sentiment is gone.
- Scream Queens -- Reminds me of American Horror Story: Coven, minus the good acting from Jessica Lange, Angela Bassett and Kathy Bates. And I don't like any of the characters, which is the kiss of death from me.
The only other new show I'm giving a shot is Grandfathered, because it stars John Stamos, who I've loved since I was 9. I might also stick around after it to watch The Grinder with Rob Lowe and Fred Savage. But that's it. Tuesdays are the only night with space... which means I could get 2-3 episodes of Mad Men in that night (barring Kings games, concerts and Tivo backlog ;)
Here's my current Tivo To Do List:
- Sunday: Once Upon a Time (maybe... not loving this anymore), The Good Wife, Homeland and The Affair
- Monday: The Voice and Jane the Virgin
- Tuesday: TBD based on Grandfathered/Grinder premieres this week
- Wednesday: Modern Family and Nashville
- Thursday: TGIT! Grey's Anatomy, Scandal and How to Get Away with Murder (although I still don't love HTGAWM....this might get dumped) and Bones (I've watched it this long, I need to see it through to the end, which I hope is soon..)
What are you watching this season? Have you seen Mad Men and think there's a new show out there I should be spending my TV time on instead? Let me know!