Sunday, June 20, 2010

home improvement

When I bought my house a year and a half ago, the house itself had already undergone a major addition and renovation, and basically looked like something out of the Pottery Barn catalog, which is why I loved it and bought it. The backyard, on the other hand, needed work. Over the last year, I've gotten all but the very back corner of the yard and garden under control.  Tomorrow, the back patio -- a collection of bricks sitting un-level on a bed of sand, that when it rains, turns into a collection of puddles followed by slippery moss -- will be getting replaced by professionals who shall remain nameless until I decide they've done a good job. I have high hopes for the gray, moss, charcoal and stone-colored interlocking pavers that will soon be set on a 7.5 inch foundation and with drainage in mind. Keep your fingers crossed this week please :)

Here's the "before" photo for reference:



















Once the patio is done, the only major backyard task that will remain will be calling a junk hauling company to come haul away the rusted shed the previous owners left... and calling my friend Mike and his chainsaw to come knock down "the pony shed". I WILL do that by the end of this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment