Saturday, November 27, 2010

new stuff at disneyland... at least for me & ruthie z

I took this past Monday off of work to go to Disneyland with one of my longest-known (note I did not say oldest, cuz technically I'm four months older than her ;) friends Jenny Z, her hubby Ken and their "five-going-on-14-year-old" daughter Ruthie. It was a beautiful day to be in the park and was a lot of fun with a five-year-old, albeit exhausting ;)

Ruthie and I did two things I'd never done before: climbed to the top of Tarzan's Treehouse and raced the new Autopia... well, we tried to -- Jen and Ken kept stalling in front of us and since there is a strict "Do not bump the car in front of you" policy, we had to slow down. But it was still fun. Ruthie took her first trip through the holiday version of It's A Small World, and then right after the fireworks, all the Z's got their first trip through Storybook Land, one of my all time favorite rides dating back to when I was a little kid riding it for the first time. We also got the extra bonus of seeing a lot of sleeping ducks up close on the island in the middle ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment