Sunday, December 19, 2010

life is precious... enjoy it!

This was not the most awesome week. On Tuesday, I learned that another colleague -- a great, creative, amazingly positive guy named Wayne, who worked at my company when I first started there, and then left to start his own company that continues to do a lot of great work for us -- passed away on Sunday from liver failure at the age of 46. Such a shock. We had mutual friends, and I remember being at parties and talking with him about our newfound shared love of gardening... except he would garden in the middle of the night when he couldn't sleep. :) He was so passionate about it as he spoke, which to anyone who didn't know him and just looked at him (spiky hair and tattoos) would seem really odd. But if you knew him, not so much. He was, as one of our friends said this week, "the nicest scary guy" you'd ever meet. And he will be missed. He was married to a super sweet woman, Patricia, that is good friends with one of my good friends... we, along with another friend, co-threw our mutual friend's baby shower two-and-a-half-years ago. I feel so sad for her.


Anyway, I was thinking about Wayne on Tuesday night when my attention drifted to this card I have framed in my house. 

Wayne really loved life, and his passing was a real reminder to experience and relish the lives we've been given. I originally bought this card years ago because I felt I needed to be reminded of that. Sadly, I haven't necessarily heeded its message much in recent years. I am going to attempt to change that. Life is too short to spend all your time worrying about things that mean nothing in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment