Monday, April 11, 2011

let the playoffs begin!

So my LA Kings made the playoffs (barely). By losing their last two games to the Sucky Ducks of Anaheim, they dropped from a potential 4th place finish with home ice advantage to 7th place, which was only thanks to Detroit beating Chicago and saving them from a sure first-round death against Vancouver, the #1 team in the NHL this season. No Anze Kopitar and no Justin Williams has meant practically no goals the last two weeks :( That won't bode well against San Jose, who has the #2 power play in the league. Let's hope the Kings' #4 penalty killing unit can shut them down and our little 12-year-old-looking goalie Jonathan Quick becomes a brick wall. I'm not deluding myself into thinking we'll make it out of the first round. Everything points to bad news. But the Kings have proven lots of people wrong before. Remember 1993... Game 7 vs. Toronto...



I believe (for now ;)

Plus, the good part of not having home ice advantage is our first home game isn't till next week. Which means I get to take my baby brother to a game for his bday. Yay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment