Thursday, March 14, 2013

bumble bee central

The massive lavender plant near my front steps has been blooming like crazy the last week or so. And with the pretty purple blooms has come a not-so-welcome buzzing sound, as what must be every bumble bee in the neighborhood has decided to come chow down on the flowers' nectar. I'd really like to cut some sprigs to bring inside and dry out, but I'm afraid of ticking the bees off... although I did survive watering them all the other day ;)


Just in case I -- or any house guests -- need it later, here's what to do if stung by a bee. I've only been stung once in my life, long ago at my grandma's house, where I was also bitten by a goose, which I am still literally scarred from. But that's another story for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment