Saturday, September 26, 2015

new tv show time

It's officially Fall, which means there are a ton of new TV shows hitting the networks, all vying for attention and ratings. Sadly, after flipping through my Entertainment Weekly Fall Preview last weekend, I wasn't that excited. And after recording two new shows this past week and watching them, I'm now officially not impressed.

Granted this year -- since I just started binge-watching Mad Men a week before the new TV season started -- there is a new standard all shows (old and new) must meet to earn a space on my Tivo One Pass list: Is this show SO good that it's worth NOT spending this time watching another episode of Mad Men?

The answer for these new shows sampled last week is no:
  • The Muppets -- I gave it a shot for sentimental reasons. The sentiment is gone.
  • Scream Queens -- Reminds me of American Horror Story: Coven, minus the good acting from Jessica Lange, Angela Bassett and Kathy Bates. And I don't like any of the characters, which is the kiss of death from me. 
The only other new show I'm giving a shot is Grandfathered, because it stars John Stamos, who I've loved since I was 9. I might also stick around after it to watch The Grinder with Rob Lowe and Fred Savage. But that's it. Tuesdays are the only night with space... which means I could get 2-3 episodes of Mad Men in that night (barring Kings games, concerts and Tivo backlog ;) 

Here's my current Tivo To Do List:
What are you watching this season? Have you seen Mad Men and think there's a new show out there I should be spending my TV time on instead? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment