Sunday, January 31, 2016

tea time

For the rest of the world, today marks the end of International Hot Tea Month.

But for me, every month is Hot Tea Month.... I love the stuff and it's how I get my daily dose(s) of much-needed caffeine (because I hate coffee and soda).

However, I did celebrate tea this month in a few special ways.

I went to afternoon tea and a tasting (learning all about white, green and black teas) at Chado with my friend Leslie. This reinforced my previous opinion that light teas are meh.. and black teas are amazing! (My faves are chai, earl grey, english breakfast and Chado's Mauritius, which rhymes with delicious!)

Today, I also cleaned out and organized by tea shelf because it was getting a little out of control ;) Most of my loose leaf teas are now dry and secure in tins next to my hoarded and carefully rationed stash of Marks & Spencer shortbread petticoat tails from London (thanks Daryl, James and Susie!), which are the perfect accompaniment to a cup of hot tea.

If you want to celebrate with a hot cup of deliciousness, here are tips for brewing the perfect cup of tea from Twinings.

And remember...



No comments:

Post a Comment