Sunday, September 18, 2016

sunday funday: a dim sum food coma

Months ago, my Club Cupcake gal pals and I discussed going for Dim Sum. Today, it finally happened. We drove out to Rosemead in the San Gabriel Valley early and were the first in line at Sea Harbour Seafood Restaurant when it opened at 10am. 

When we left at 11:40 -- with two boxes of leftovers and in food comas -- the restaurant was packed and there were probably 20-30 people waiting for tables. It's been voted best dim sum in LA by LA Weekly so if you want to go, go early :)

Here's what we had to eat that induced said food coma. (I've listed the menu numbers next to each one so you can be prepared if you go.)

#61 Baked BBQ Pork Buns
These were delish! And apparently they sell out of these a lot, so we ordered them first.
Note: This is LA Weekly's #1 dish at the restaurant.

#35 Shrimp Dumplings
These were also delish and easier to eat since they were small. They were also our cutest dish -- they look like little shells :)

#46 Soup Dumplings
These were good but hard to eat since their sauce is poured over them in the little tin, making them slippery little suckers. I accidentally dropped my dumpling back in (chop stick user error) and splashed sauce all over the white tablecloth. #oops 

#45 Shrimp Dumplings with Chives
These were HUGE and hard to eat because of their size. You'll need to hack it in half with your chopstick if you don't want to drop shrimp and chives back all over your plate.

#113 Stir Fried Rice Noodle with Chopped Chicken
When they say chopped chicken, they mean it. It's got hacked chicken STILL ON THE BONE in it. So be careful when you bite the chicken. The noodles were really good though once I got past the possible choking-on-a-chicken-bone factor. 

#25 Sauted Runner Beans with Minced Pork
I LOVED these! But I love fresh green beans and pork, so what's not to love?

#40 Steamed Beefballs
These were just kinda meh. It's a seafood restaurant, so don't come here for the beef.

#17 Sticky Rice with Preserved Meats (aka Pork)
This was really good and different from fried rice I'm used too. More meat and seasoning, less veggies and no egg.

#85 Almond Pudding and #64 Baked Low Fat Milk Buns
LOVED the Almond Pudding! It was sweet but not too sweet and very light and refreshing after a lot of meat and noodles. Did NOT love the Low Fat Milk Buns, but Katharine did. Why? Because the "milk" was of (my tastebuds red-alerted me) the coconut milk variety. I hate coconut. #menudescriptionfail

Fried Sesame Seed Buns
These were good but sticky on the inside and kind of hard to chew. I was so full by this point, I gave up on my second half. 

No comments:

Post a Comment