Saturday, February 11, 2017

sunday funday: main street electrical parade

If you can't be a Disney employee with a Silver Pass, the next best thing is having a friend who's a Disney employee with a Silver Pass... or Disneyland employee holiday party passes with an expiration date!

That was me last weekend, when my Disney employee friend Linda invited me, Daryl and James to drive to Anaheim on Superbowl Sunday (a historically very crowded day at the Park) to use her passes and free churro coupons! 

We each arrived with one specific thing we wanted to do at the Park, since we knew going in we wouldn't get to do much due to the crowds. My one thing was watching the "back for a limited time only" Main Street Electrical Parade

Some of my earliest memories of Disneyland include this parade. And while the theme song annoys some (Hi Daryl), I love it! In fact, I started jumping up and down like a little kid, bopping along to it as the parade approached our viewing spot in Town Square, at the end of the "early show" route.



Here are photos of some of my fave floats in all their light-bright glory. Enjoy :)

The lead float, driven by Goofy, with the main Mouse riding on top.







Cinderella's pumpkin with her Fairy Godmother riding shotgun. 

Peter Pan and Captain Hook battle it out!

Tinkerbell and pretty fauna.

Dopey driving the Dwarves sparkling haul down the route. 

The Elliot from Pete's Dragon float... this is one of my earliest memories of Disneyland from my first trip there when I was 4 or 5. I'm not sure if it's because he scared me or because I had the soundtrack record ;) 







No comments:

Post a Comment