Sunday, April 23, 2017

wildflowers, scenic views and sprained ankles

Back in March, my Channel Islands crew (aka Linda and James and I) decided to hit the high seas and head out to Santa Cruz Island to see the wildflowers in massive bloom after all the rain Southern California received this winter.

It was a foggy boat ride out to the island, but cleared just as we got near the island's coast. And our hike was beautiful and awesome for about two hours before klutz-o me, while walking on what I thought was a flat path looking at a field of pretty wildflowers, turned my ankle on a little dip off the path. I heard it pop, and thought it was broken. Luckily it was not and I was able to walk back the three miles to the boat. Unluckily, that probably wasn't the best idea, as here we are six weeks later and I'm in physical therapy and getting MRI results back on Tuesday because the "sprain" still hasn't healed.

But seeing un-disturbed nature in full bloom and pretty green-ness was still worth it... check out these gorgeous pics. You'll think we'd gone to The Shire :)





A wild island fox, looking for crumbs...

A long, thick layer of fog clung to the Ventura Coastline all day. The boat had to use the foghorn on the way back to make sure other boats knew we were there. 

In happy times, pre-sprained ankle









 

No comments:

Post a Comment