Saturday, July 7, 2012

summer fundays

Hi all.... long time, no blog. I had to recover from all the hockey insanity. (Sorry about that. I know I got a little Cup Crazy... but can you blame me? ;) Anyhoo, since the amazing event of June 11, 2012 that I still don't quite believe happened, I've been spending time catching up on life... work drama and travels, house and garden stuff, and hanging with friends.

Two weekends ago, I spent the whole weekend pretty much doing nothing but having fun enjoying the wonderment that is Southern California. Living here, I often forget how lucky I am to have a beautiful blue ocean and its beaches and breezes a mere 30-60 minutes on the evil 405 away from me. 

On Saturday, my friend Linda chartered a sailing boat out of Long Beach for her birthday and did we ever have an adventure! The captain almost fell overboard before we left the harbor and lost quite a bit of blood from a gash in her head when she slipped. But let's not focus on the negative :p She survived and we had a gorgeous day out on the ocean, watching sea lions snooze, dodging a sailboat race, and marveling at kite surfers. 


The Queen Mary
Sea lions lounging and a seagull looking for something to claim as "Mine. Mine. Mine."

Sailboats racing away from us amateurs
Wide shot of the sailboat race

Kite surfers... I was totally amazed that none of their kites got tangled up with each other. There were so many of them and they were so colorful!


Then on Sunday, I joined my biking buddy Mike for a trek with his pals down the bike path from Marina del Rey to Manhattan Beach and back -- a good 16+ miles. Super fun and relaxing on what was an absolutely gorgeous day. At one point I just sighed and Mike commented that I must have found my happy, relaxed place :) I did. Sunday Funday bike rides are going to become more of a regular occurrence I do believe... especially on days that look like this:

Looking out at Manhattan Beach Pier and the Pacific Ocean. Ahhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment