Monday, February 11, 2013

random thoughts on the 2013 grammys

So the Grammy Awards were on last night. I usually don't watch music award shows because...
a) unless U2 or Adele has a new album out, the artists I listen to hardly ever get nominated for anything, much less win
b) award shows are usually too long and too boring
c) there's only so much Taylor Swift and/or Beyonce a person can take in 3 hours.

However, the Grammy Awards of late have been different. They have morphed into more of an amazing all-star concert than a boring awards show. I watch by letting my Tivo get a good 45-60 minute head start on the show, and then I sit back and zoom from performance to performance.

I did just that last night and tweeted my random thoughts. But since very few eyeballs are allowed on my twitter feed (it's also where I vent a bit ;), I thought I'd pull them -- plus a few more things I've thought of since -- into a blog post because...
a) this blog is supposed to be full of "random thoughts, observations and things that entertain me"
b) I haven't blogged much lately and this is easy content :P

So if you have the show sitting on your DVR and need some commentary, read on!

(PS: Here's a link to TVLine's rating of all the performances, which I totally do NOT agree with -- Taylor Swift better than JT and Elton John? Uh, no -- but it has photos from each and the set list)

-- So I take it all of fun.'s instruments are waterproof, yes? And who knew they had a chick playing guitar? #tivoondelayistheonlyway

-- Aww. Miranda Lambert is singing the song about Blake Shelton's brother dying that the chick who won The Voice this year sang much better than Miranda. (Sorry. True. At least I'm keeping my comment about her dress to myself.)

 --All those peoples at The Palladium right now are so lucky. I heart JT. #sexyisback (I'm gonna have to start hanging out at Maureen's more often ;)

-- Kelly Rowland did not get the memo.

-- Neither did Alicia Keys. (But who would even notice with Adam Levine on stage next to her?)

-- How can Bruce Springsteen not be at the Grammys to not win an award when there was just a huge tribute to him Saturday night across the street? #kindarudeboss

-- The Black Keys are rocking out with the NOLA Preservation Hall Band. Very cool. I need to go back to NOLA.

-- Ok, we get it. Taylor Swift is at the Grammys and knows the words to every song being performed. Please stop cutting to her now. Kthxbai.

-- First JT, then Adam, and now Mr. Gordon Sumner. It's sexy singer night at the Grammys.

-- Rihanna has a tattoo of some bird thing under her boobs. (Things I wouldn't know had she read the memo.)

-- Wow. I actually like Jack White music and didn't realize it till now. I guess that's what happens when KROQ plays the same songs over and over and over again.

-- Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood can SING. #oldidolsweregoodidols

-- Is Prince wearing a hoodie because he's going bald in back? #thisishowrumorsstart

-- It takes quite a singer to make Elton John look like a backup piano player. #whoismablestaples



No comments:

Post a Comment