Sunday, July 21, 2013

happy in hockeywood

This past Thursday was an EXCELLENT day in LA Kings-land... especially for people like me who own a Dustin Brown jersey and at least one, if not two (shut up!) Rob Blake jerseys.

"Captain Crush" Dustin Brown, acting as his own agent, negotiated his contract a season before it was set to expire and is now a signed, sealed, toothless member of the Kings through the 2021-22 season. He's the first LA King to touch the Stanley Cup and he sends players on opposing teams flying through the air at mid-ice. Oh and he scores goals at really clutch moments too. So YAY! My jersey will get more than two years of use :p

And then, in a more controversial move (because some Kings fans are stupid, hold grudges and don't understand how the team owners like to screw over the Player's Association [go research Rob Blake leaving the Kings to play for the Avs and/or the Sharks... I can't remember which one was him sacrificing himself for the union]), the Kings named my second favorite player of all time -- Blake -- their new Assistant General Manager. So this means my favorite player of all time -- Luc Robitaille -- and Blakey, who played together during the beginning of my Kings fandom, and quite honestly are the two main reasons I became such a huge fan, are now reunited in the front office of the Kings. Now let's just hope Blakey is as good at nurturing and retaining talent as he was at throwing hipchecks.

All this, plus the facts that the 2013-14 schedule was just released, and tomorrow is the day I get to enter the Kings virtual online seating system and potentially improve my already pretty okay seats, has me very eager for October to get here. Go Kings Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment