Saturday, May 23, 2015

old school eating

Saw this article/list online recently ...

Offbeat L.A.: The Oldest Surviving Los Angeles Restaurants… A Master List of the Vintage, Historic and Old School


.... and thought:
1) that's a really cool list

2) it's amazing there are so many vintage, original, independent restaurants left in LA's land of corporate franchises

and

3) I can't believe I've actually been to A LOT of these restaurants (41 to be exact!)... the best ones on the list being Casa Vega (that I used to live around the corner from) and Little Toni's (that I used to work down the street from).

But for those of you that like to debate who invented the French Dip first, Philippes and Cole's are both on here.

As is El Coyote, which I have wanted to go to forEVER but have still never been too.

So is Heart's Coffee Shop up Balboa Blvd. from my house... I should go there for breakfast one day. That's an easy hit for 42 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment