Thursday, November 10, 2016

gratitude: days 1-11

Ten days ago, a former colleague from my fun, editorial house of mouse publishing past, started posting a daily thing he was thankful for... it's his "30 Days of Gratitude Challenge." 

And since we need more good vibes out in the world right now, I'm going to play catch-up here and now, plus get tomorrow on the books, then post for the rest of month. (Knowing me.. there will be multiple catch up posts vs. daily ones, but that's better than nothing :p)

I'm also going to turn these into slips of paper and everyone at my Thanksgiving table will get one to read while we eat to keep the conversation off of politics and football.

Thanks for this idea Scott Appel!

#1 - What smell are you most grateful for today? My red roses

#2 - What technology are you most grateful for? Video chat that lets me see my little nephew from 300 miles away

#3 - What color are you most grateful for? Purple (duh.)

#4 - What food are you most grateful for? Italian (see what I did there.. I don't have to choose between pizza and pasta now :)

#5 - What sound are you most grateful for today? Music... can't live without it

#6 - What in nature are you most grateful for? Tall trees creating a forest of fresh air and secret silence

#7 - What memory are you most grateful for? I can't choose just one... time spent with my loved ones who are no longer with us, finally seeing my view of the Tuscan hills in person, holding my nephew for the first time. 

#8 - What book are you most grateful for? Harry Potter .. all of them, and the amazing mom who created his world.

#9 - What place are you most grateful for? My home

#10 - What taste are you grateful for today? Chai tea latte

#11 - What holiday are you grateful for? Christmas... it's a whole season of wonder and love, not just a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment