Sunday, January 1, 2017

the 2017 vision blog

First up.. this! (Posted by FB Friend Stacy last night.) Love it!


-------

So to that end, the "be healthier" challenges:

  • Cut out the sweets I've become addicted to this holiday season (after I finish eating my cookie tin... hey, I'm trying to be realistic here ;)
  • Drink more water 
  • Go back to the "wake up early and work out on the Wii Fit" routine that helped me so much six years ago. To accomplish that I will need to..
  • Go to bed earlier than current midnight-ish.

-------


I want to do at least one new thing a week. 
  • I started today by -- for the first time in 8 years at my house -- walking to Lake Balboa park from my house and walking the entire perimeter of the lake for the first time ever. It was a gorgeous day after all the rain yesterday and I felt so refreshed. I realized I need to spend more time at that lake -- it's so close and very peaceful (when not near the playground ;). Perhaps I will take my beach chair and books there on Saturday afternoons...

-------

Speaking of books, here's my reading pile for the year.. a little less ambitious than last year (it's actually just what I didn't even start last year). So hopefully I will finish it (although that Nora Ephron book is thick!)


-------

The hope behind the choices in that book pile is to inspire me to write more. To that end, I am toying with the idea of starting a trendy bullet journal... it's a way to write and be crafty and organized all at the same time. We shall see... I have a hard enough time remembering to write in my normal journal. But this Buzzfeed article makes it look more fun than the official site does :)

-------

Speaking of crafty, I think I have finally saved enough wine corks the last year to make a small version of this, which I saved off Drew Barrymore's instragram around Valentine's Day last year. I think it's pretty (and it's all recycled!). And it represents Love ... I'd like more of that in my life in 2017 too. :)



-------

I hope to remember this each day...


-------

And... the holdovers from last year:

Two weeks split between here....


... and here


-------

For a certain twosome who love complaining about my crappy front door, I will get a new one, sort of like this...


With that front door, I hope to kickstart other items on my home improvement list too.... anyone know a good handyman? 


No comments:

Post a Comment