Sunday, April 11, 2010

tradition vs innovation

Interesting article on my boss' boss' boss' boss in the New York Times this morning. This quote of the Big Cheese's never rang more true than in the last year, and is part of why I wish I was just a barista at Starbucks sometimes "The baggage of tradition," [Iger] says of Disney's culture, "can slow you down." People are so resistant to change, it's stifling at times. Not that I can blame them... I was afraid of change too, to the point where my first VP made me buy and read Who Moved My Cheese? when I experienced my first mini re-org years ago. And while that book did absolutely nothing to help me, realizing that every day something changes, and there's usually not a lot you can do about it, did. Now I just try to go with the flow... It's better for my bordering-on-hypertensive-blood pressure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment