Saturday, September 18, 2010

countdown to awards season begins... now

It feels like I haven't been to the movies in ages, and lets face it, with the exception of Iron Man 2, Toy Story 3 and Inception, the 2010 summer movie season kinda sucked. So I'm happy that the fall movie season (aka the beginning of my favorite season -- Awards Season, the fabulous time of year when I get screener dvds delivered to my doorstep!) is finally here.

I kicked it off last night with Ben Affleck's The Town. Ben wrote, directed and stars in this Boston bank robbery drama, that also stars Jeremy Renner (as a long-time "townie" bud and fellow-bank robber of Ben's character) and Jon Hamm (as the FBI agent trying to take them down). Thoroughly enjoyed this... good script, great cast, good action and suspense. I'm now hopeful for the rest of the fall releases. And while I doubt many of these will be award nominees, for pure entertainment value, here's what I'm most looking forward to seeing:

No comments:

Post a Comment