Monday, September 3, 2012

project kill crabgrass & clover: days 1 & 3

So over the last two to three years, my once lovely front yard has been taken over by many, many evil, evil weeds... specifically clover and crabgrass. As of the day before I left for Hawaii, it was to the point that there was more clover and crabgrass than real grass. So I'm now taking drastic measures, inspired in part by the lovely yards at the house across the street that just got flipped, and my next door neighbor Leigh Ann's. I'm killing it ALL, having the gardeners dig it all up, and am purchasing rolls and rolls of marathon sod so I can once again have grass in my front yard. 

Day 1: On Friday morning, the gardeners cut the grass/weeds back super-short and sprayed massive amounts of Roundup to kill it ALL! I didn't take a pre-cut photo of all the not-pretty-green clover, (sorry), but this photo Friday late afternoon shows the Roundup is already working as brown patches are forming where clover once grew. 




Day 3: That Roundup stuff really works! As of Sunday morning, my yard now smells like hay. The remnants of what little grass I had are dead, as is all the clover. The crabgrass is still holding on though. I have to look at this ugliness for another 11 days, then the gardeners will start digging it up and prepping for the sod. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment