Sunday, September 2, 2012

things that make me smile: e.t. music at the bowl

Every August I arrange a group outing to the Hollywood Bowl for John Williams' annual concert with the LA Philharmonic, where he plays a selection of music from the many films he has scored, and we drink a lot of wine :) And every year I have a really fun time. However, whether or not I love the show is based on one thing and one thing only -- whether or not he plays music from E.T. The Extra Terrestrial, my favorite movie of all time. 

Well, this year I LOVED the show! As this is the 30th Anniversary of E.T.'s premiere, Williams not only played music from E.T., but he played the score to the entire end of the film -- from the point Elliott escapes from the house, through the bike chase, until E.T. takes off on his spaceship... aka my favorite 10+ minutes of film -- while the film played on the big screen with its dialogue and sound effects in tact. It was awesome! 





No comments:

Post a Comment