Saturday, October 31, 2015

this is halloween! this is halloween!

And this is my Franken-Pumpkin... all ready to go out on my porch tonight to welcome little trick-or-treaters!

I was inspired to create Franken-Pumpkin after getting an email to a pumpkin decorating event at Orchard Supply and Hardware (aka Osh) earlier this month. It was a "no carve" event and I thought it was BRILLIANT for many reasons: 
  1. I hate getting all those pumpkin innards everywhere. 
  2. I have very little patience for creating a perfectly carved pumpkin yet...
  3. I'm a perfectionist
  4. I have a TON of unused nails and screws and hooks and metal stuff in my garage, left by the previous owners who did my lovely remodel.
So this was perfect for me! Literally, the most time was spent digging through plastic bins looking for a variety of metal stuff...and that took about 7 minutes. 

Then I took my hammer and knocked them into the pumpkin. 

No mess to clean up and he's super cute! I think this is the first of MANY Franken-Pumpkins to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment