Wednesday, December 30, 2015

my joys of 2015

Long time, no write. I knew I hadn't blogged in a while, but I didn't know it had been almost two whole months. Oops. Well, it's almost a new year, so I can once again add "write more" to my list of New Year's resolutions... maybe 2016 is the year it will stick. I have a good feeling about next year... numerically, it's got two of my birthday numbers in it (2 and 16) and I'm already feeling a pull towards it. This year was sad and stressful. I'm ready for a change in a warm, fuzzy, happy, laughing way next year.



That's not to say all of 2015 was bad though.... at the start of the year, at the urging of Eat, Pray, Love author Elizabeth Gilbert (who I now follow on Facebook), I created a "happiness jar." I started with a small jam jar because I knew there was no way I'd remember to toss a piece of paper in there daily... and I didn't. BUT, I am happy to report that as of December 30th, "Kim's Jar of Joy" is pretty full. Maybe next year I will graduate to a pickle jar ;)

Here, in random order as I pick the dumped-out slips of paper off the sofa, are things that brought me joy in 2015:

  • 1/15/15: Molly's going away from Disney drinks and seeing Molly, Lisa, Jason, Gino, Dana and Johannes again.
  • 5/16/15: Lucky's liver numbers back to 49! Dr. Pitt says he's doing better (ed note: now this makes me cry :*(
  • 5/6/15: Gorgeous hike with Marleine at Solstice Canyon, followed by food and cocktails on the beach :)
  • 2/16/15: My bday Burke Williams massage and yummy dinner with Mom and Dad at Tuscany
  • 11/22/15: Foos website countdown finally opens to new FREE 5-song EP, St. Cecilia. Woot! 
  • 1/2/15: I just bought a RED washer and dryer!! Crazy!
  • 6/23/15: Just bought Duran Duran tickets for the Bowl on 10/1/15... soon-to-be reunited with my first rock star crush named John. 
  • 1/17/15: Mom and Dad's 45th wedding anniversary
  • 8/13/15: Portland bound! Long vacay weekend with JZ and RZ! 
  • 1/25/15: Finished Breaking Bad. SO GOOD!!!
  • 5/30/15: U2 Innocence + Experience concert with Qball. Two+ hours of love, joy and music. 
  • 6/19/15: Travel to Taos, NM for Josh and Emily's wedding. Stopped in Santa Fe for sopapillas. Fried dough heaven. 
  • 10/18/15: Foos at the Love Ride with the Jorgies. Dave's throne updated to a motorcycle :)
  • 2/21/15: Kings beat the Sharks in the the Stadium Series. Win #7 in a row! Back in 3rd place.
  • 6/5/15: Finished binge watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Love it!
  • 8/1/15: Grillin' Saturday with James, Daryl, La Lizz, Juanita, Susie, Bhavani and new friends Pinky and Scott
  • 8/17/15: Six cactus flowers blooming upon my return from Portland. A sign from Granny :)
  • 11/20/15: New Adele album out today.. now on repeat in the car and my office iTunes. 
  • 6/15/15: Finished throwing out a TON of old articles/papers from my office closet. Simplify! Purge! 
  • 1/24/15: Five hours in the garden with roses, flowers.. and chicken manure - lol = Bliss!
  • 9/13/15: New car! Zoom Zoom!
  • 12/12/15: Christmas cocktails... I simplified this year and actually got to talk to people. Yay!
  • 1/28/15: The Kings, who've sucked lately, beat 'da Blackhawks 4-3. Awesome game!
  • 5/1/15: Avengers: Age of Ultron ... 2x in one day!
  • 7/18/15: It thunder/lightning rained today!!
  • 12/26/15: Updated the OS on my MacBook Pro for the first time in five years... and it still works!
  • 7/27/15: RZ's Hermione Granger wand arrived today. Can't wait to give it to her :)
  • 9/4/15: E.T. @ the Bowl!! LOVE. 
  • 3/11/15: Just finished two days at Disneyland with Denise and Emily.. her first time. So fun! Met most of the princesses. Win!
  • 4/11/15: Walk MS 5k with the whole family. Raised $8,502!
  • 11/28/15: Brooklyn... loved, loved, loved this movie!
  • 6/20/15: Josh and Emily's lovely wedding
  • 9/11/15: Lenny Kravitz @ the Greek with Qball... and a guy who JUST turned 21. LOL
  • 5/8/15: Awesome card in the mail from RZ about purple cups, Harry Potter and fun facts about cholera. Love that kid! 
  • 6/3/15: My Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt screener finally arrived!
  • 3/7/15: Luc Robitaille statue unveiled! Saw Luc, Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Blakey and Matthew Perry (who did not look good :(
  • 9/21/15: Foos @ the Forum w/ Christina, Niki and Lisa. Still in love with Dave Grohl's baby blue guitar.. even tho he broke it tonight. Also love the throne. 
  • 12/18/15: Kings destroy the CaSucks 5-0. Tyler Toffoli hat trick #2 of his career!
  • 5/4/15: Lucky gained weight and is seeming okay after almost dying a week ago (ed note: more tears now)
  • 5/17/15: Got a TON done! Painted garage trim, gardened, cleaned black gunk off mailbox
  • 10/4/15: Van Halen with DLR at the Bowl. Concert bucket list item = done!
  • 5/14/15: Aveda Rosemary mint body wash - opened the BIG bottle! Love this stuff!
  • 1/17/15: I've now seen by two favorite hockey players' numbers retired by the Kings. Tonight #4




No comments:

Post a Comment