Tuesday, May 25, 2010

8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...0:00

I just finished watching my last televised Jack Bauer hour. I'm kind of torn about how I feel now that the series is over. 24's final season was kind of ho-hum compared to previous ones. This season's story just didn't resonate that much with me, which, combined with some of the best characters of the series turning against their true selves (President Taylor listening to President Logan for like 6 hours of the season -- are you kidding me? Chloe going all corporate and running CTU -- LOL!), left me thinking maybe they should have ended the show last season. But the final minutes of the finale brought me back in and made me at least care it was ending. Jack and Chloe were back on the same side scheming to reveal the truth at all costs. And The Prez finally remembered her principles in time to save the man of the hours... 192 hours to be exact. That's a lot of time to spend on an adrenaline rush, running and scheming and killing bad guys to save the United States from six would-be annihilations. Poor Jack Bauer.... because this is 24, and Jack is the eternal tragic hero, he's still running. No happy ending for Jack. Nope. Not even peace (which I think he will only experience when he's dead). No, Jack is running away, out of the country, away from some pissed off Russians, into the sunset known as the Big Screen. Yep, if the series ended happily, how would they ever pull off "24 - The Movie"? What I really want to know is how they'll squeeze 24 hours of running and scheming and beating up bad guys into a 2-hour movie. Or maybe the movie will just be called "2" :p

Okay... I'm now officially delirious from lack of sleep the last 24 hours (ha! didn't even mean for that to happen) and need to sign off now. Imagine the final "boom-boom" ticking sounds of a "24" clock right now... 0:06...0:05... 0:04... 0:03... 0:02... 0:01... 0:00. Night night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment