Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"we're very close to the end hugo"

Tonight was the last regular episode of LOST before Sunday night's two and a half hour series finale, which will be preceded by two hours of recaps and interviews with the cast, and then followed by a special "Aloha to Lost" episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live. (Can you say, "Let's milk this show for all it's got left"?)

Anyway, tonight's episode was amazing... I won't discuss too many details so as not to give too much away, but I will put in a SPOILER ALERT notice, just to cover my butt. (Don't want to ruin this for anyone.)

What I will say is...
... Nice opening eye shot of Jack, taking us back to the first episode
... Yay for "The Constant"! I've always loved Desmond and now know that he knows and/or is the key to the big mystery. I can't wait to see how Sideways World and what he's doing there impacts the Island.
... The writers of this show are both brilliant geniuses and hi-larious! Here are some quotes from tonight's episode that either made me laugh out loud (Thanks Miles -- I've missed you the last few weeks ;) or explained some big questions beautifully. (Thanks Jacob.)

[Miles and Ben, walking through the jungle with Richard, to the Dharma houses]
Miles: "Well I lived in these houses 30 years before you did... otherwise known as last week."  (LOL!)

[Still walking, discussing finding Ben's hidden stash of explosives]
Ben: "It's C-4 Richard, I put some thought into hiding it."
Miles: "Let me guess: cookie jar?"
Ben: "Don't be ridiculous. It's in my secret room behind the bookcase."

[Then later in the episode, leaving the Dharma houses in fear of Fake-Locke/the Smoke Monster]
Miles: "If you need us, we'll be running through the jungle."

[Jacob, talking to Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sawyer]
"I didn't pluck any of you out of a happy existence. You were all flawed. I chose you because you were like me. You were all alone. You were all looking for something that you couldn't find out there. I chose you because you needed this place as much as it needed you...  There's a light at the center of the island. You have to make sure it never goes out. That's how you protect it... You have to protect it from him."

"Him" wants to use Desmond for evil purposes. "Him" is going to go head to head in the finale with the person his body has been butting heads with since the very first episode. Good vs. Evil. Black vs. White. Science vs. Faith. Choice vs. Destiny.

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!

Speaking of love, back about five or six episodes ago, after the Desmond-centric Sideways episode, Kristin from E! said the series was about love... and that Damon Lindelof confirmed she was correct in that statement. Is the "light at the center of the island" love or a person's heart? Is that how you protect the island... the world? Is that how you keep the evil corked up in that bottle... by keeping love alive? Desmond is the one character who has had love in his heart since the moment we met him... his long-lost love Penny, who the MIB tonight told Widmore he would (or wouldn't.. depending on how he answered) kill.... is that how he'd activate Jacob's "failsafe"??

The writers have known the end-game since Day 1... I'm a believer now. As is, I believe, the former man of science. I can't wait to go back and watch all six seasons on DVD starting Memorial Day weekend!! Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment