Monday, January 30, 2012

springtime in january

It was 80 degrees this weekend and recent rain, combined with the heat, has accelerated the appearance of weeds in my garden. So yesterday, instead of a typical workout, I spent three hours weeding my front garden and all of my potted plants (which were full of leaves due to the recent winds). You can burn 200 calories an hour by weeding your garden, ya know ;)







I found a flat of 12 primroses for a mere $8.99 Saturday at Costco, so I also planted those in the pots on my patio that were previously home to a bunch of begonias that died. So pretty and colorful!














And check out my cute froggie planter pals! I hate real frogs but really love these :) I found Mr. Frog in Oak Glen last October on our annual apple and pumpkin trip. Then I was lucky enough to find Mrs. Frog in Solvang at the end of November. They are a perfect pair! 

No comments:

Post a Comment