Friday, December 7, 2012

baking-palooza 2012 - day 3

Today's "Baking-palooza 2012" session was a short one... just one item on the agenda: adding frosting to the cupcakes I baked last night. (And thank goodness.... I'm kinda baked out ;) 

My friend Diana came over with her cake decorating gadgets, specifically her coupler and decorating tips, and made me realize I've been really stupid frosting cupcakes with a knife or spatula all these years. Stuffing frosting into a decorating bag and squeezing it out into pretty, fluffy designs not only looks better as a finished product, but it's faster, easier and more fun that spreading frosting the old-school way. 

During today's decorating lesson, we used one decorating tip for all the cupcakes and I made two different designs -- the swirl (left below) and what I shall call stars (or from the angle of the photo below on the right, Hershey's kisses ;)

"The Swirl" 
Stars (or Hershey's kisses)

Decorating two dozen cupcakes with frosting and then holiday spinkles took a grand total of about nine minutes. I shall never frost with a spatula again... and I can't wait until Christmas Eve when I make my big Christmas cake! Gotta buy my own coupler before then ;)

Cupcakes - After Photo, with sprinkles


No comments:

Post a Comment