Wednesday, December 12, 2012

random thoughts on 121212

I'm watching the 121212 concert for Hurricane Sandy relief tonight and having a lot of random thoughts I'm going to document here because there is no one in my living room at the moment to share them with. I apologize in advance. I'm in a snarky mood. But to make up for my snarkiness, let me remind you that you can buy music from the concert here on iTunes, with all proceeds going to the Robin Hood Foundation. (Hopefully that will keep me from going to hell for what's about to occur ;)

First, one non-snarky comment: This is the first time I've heard Springsteen and The E Street Band play live since Clarence Clemons passed away. "Born to Run" just isn't the same without The Big Man on sax :(

Now, let the snark begin:

Kristen Stewart needs to fire her stylist right now.

Jon Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen should not duet together anymore. They don't sing in the same key. Jon messed up "Born to Run." Bruce messed up "Who Says You Can't Go Home."
-- Sincerely, a huge fan of both Jersey Boys... separately.

Why were the only musicians who played this benefit OLD? The Who, Clapton, Springsteen, McCartney, The Stones, Billy Joel. Even Bon Jovi is now all officially 50+. Do the organizers think fans of people under 25 have no cash to donate? Or did Taylor Swift and One Direction have a hot date tonight? (Not that I actually want to hear Taylor Swift and One Direction, mind you. But maybe the concert could've been on network TV if they had an act or two that wasn't a member of the AARP. Just a thought considering the goal of this whole thing was to raise money.)

Also interesting that they were all either from the tri-state area (not surprising since that's where the hurricane hit) or Great Britain.

Alicia Keys looks to have hired Victoria Beckham's hair stylist. OOOH! Alicia's under 40. There's one! She's also from NYC.

Did Roger Daltry really think unbuttoning his shirt to show off his waxed, fake-n-baked 70-year-old chest was a good idea?

Okay, Kayne West is now rapping. The "one of these things is not like the others" song is playing in my head.

So this Nirvana reunion thing with Sir Paul McCartney singing... ummmm. Let's just say I never really liked Nirvana. And that fact has not changed tonight.

This was, I am fairly certain, the longest concert ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment