Saturday, December 15, 2012

enjoy every moment

Today I went to my goddaughter's 6th birthday party at Scooter's Jungle. She is the sweetest, most polite little kid with the prettiest smile and the perfect princess wave -- hey, it's her birthday, which makes her the princess, and she can wave if she wants to ;)

We went down the giant slide over and over and over together, laughing all the way down. Then she'd say, "Let's go again!" and start back up the stairs. So we would. When the party was over and I left, she got the biggest hug ever.

Then I came home and checked Facebook for the first time today. Everywhere there were lists of the names of the 6-and-7-year-olds and their teachers who that stupid, selfish fuckhead gunned down yesterday in Newtown, Connecticut. None of them will get to go down the giant slide or bounce off the walls of a bounce house again. And that makes me SO angry.

I could go on a tirade about guns, but I'm sick to my stomach of hearing about them over the last 24 hours.

Instead, I will say enjoy every moment you have with the people you love. Life is too short.

May those 26 new angels in heaven rest in peace. And may their families, whose hearts are irreparably broken, somehow find the strength to go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment