Friday, December 20, 2013

oh christmas tree... the around the world edition

Day 2 of my ornament collection is all about my ornaments from all over the world, courtesy of my or my friends' travels. Enjoy!

The Venetian mask was a gift from my friend Cwennen's trip to Italy last year, while the Happy Christmas ornament came from my friend Daryl's weeks of working in London last year. 
This beautiful painted ornament is from my visit to the Accademia Museum in Florence, Italy,
home of Michelangelo's David.


Near Ghiradelli Square at the San Francisco Wharf, close to the cable car turn-about, there is a little couple that makes these cute, hand-painted ornaments. These are from my first two trips to San Fran.






A ceramic, spinning windmill from Solvang.
My friend Katharine brought me this cuckoo clock
after she finally made it to Vienna.
From my 2nd trip to - and 1st trip to the very top of -
Multnomah Falls @ The Columbia River Gorge
This delicate carved ornament is from my parents'
Alaskan cruise a few years ago.

























Sanddollar from Cannon Beach, OR (aka where they
filmed "The Goonies")
Seashell Angel from Catalina

























             
Hawaiian Rudolph, from Trip #2 to the Big Island.
A whimsical penguin, from a 4th of July family reunion in Ouray, Colorado ... in ...wait for it... 2004 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment