Tuesday, December 24, 2013

oh christmas tree... the family-made edition

On my final day of ornaments, I'm focusing on those ornaments made by members of my family, because family is what Christmas is all about. 

Enjoy the holiday with those you love... Merry Christmas! 

This beautiful bird feeder was made by my grandpa.
Since he recently passed away, this ornament means even more to me now. 



















My Aunt Trudi made a ton of these cute wood ornaments when I was a kid as a gift to our family. Most of them are on my parents' tree, but I've managed to "borrow" a few for mine. Each side is a holiday/winter scene cut from cards or wrapping paper, then shellacked on a thinly sliced piece of wood, held on the tree by red ribbon. She's so crafty!

I think my Granny made this... she gave me this last year from her collection,
in addition to cute needlepoint snowman coasters :)


No comments:

Post a Comment