Thursday, February 23, 2012

breaking up with tivo season passes is hard to do

I admit it. I watch a fair amount of television (although not as much as some people I know (Hi [cough] Diana [cough]). And as I sit here watching Suburgatory, a perfectly charming sitcom that debuted this season on ABC, I am once again reminded of this, and the fact that I keep meaning to delete it from my TiVo season passes. I also need to delete the other shows I record every week but don't get around to watching for two-to-three weeks (Person of InterestHawaii Five-OCalifornication). I could be reading a book or a magazine, or printing the photos off my computer I've been meaning to print for months, or -- here's a concept -- interacting with real human beings. But instead I'm constantly feeling pressure to watch tv shows I don't love that are taking up space on my TiVo hard drive.

So I hereby vow that if I don't love a show, and don't actually a) know when it's on and b) look forward to watching it every week, it's getting the boot. Time is too precious to be spent not being entertained :)

No comments:

Post a Comment