Monday, February 6, 2012

my new obsession

So at the end of last season (like literally the last two weeks of the season), I started watching The Voice. I thought the talent was pretty amazing. But little did I know -- or learn in those two weeks -- that I'd missed the best part of the show! I'm now watching the beginning of Season 2, and these blind auditions are awesome!

The suspense of waiting to see who, if any, of the four coaches will push their "I Want You" button to turn their super-Star Trek chair around and keep the auditioning singer on the show is killer. It's heartbreaking when none of them buzz in. But it's hilarious when more than one of them do! If more than one coach buzzes in, the contestant gets to pick whose team he/she wants to join, as the coaches "campaign" for themselves/against each other. And I am now in love with Adam Levine and Blake Shelton! Watching them fight over contestants, insulting each other, and sometimes helping each other out against the other two coaches -- Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green -- is great television! The four coaches, while battling for contestants, actually seem to really like each other and being part of the show. And they appear (at least in the case of Adam, Blake and Cee Lo) really genuine. Christina Aguilera has always bugged me/seemed fake, and her sitting there flashing her big, fake boobs is doing nothing to change my opinion of her, but that's okay. The others make up for her. In fact, watching Adam pick on her, is quite enjoyable. ;)

Apparently, I'm not the only one who's loving the show. Last night, the show earned the biggest non-sports TV rating in six years as it premiered after the Super Bowl. Yay for it! (And NBC... they really need a hit ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm becoming a fan too. My wife is kind of crushing on Blake and Adam. And Cee-Lo always acts like the crazy alien he is.

    The rumor is that Christina is a horror to work with for the show producers which bums me out. I really want to like her but she makes so many missteps, it can't be an accident.

    This is Jason T, by the way. Google seems to want to call me "unknown".

    ReplyDelete