Monday, February 20, 2012

my "suite" birthday confluence of friends

Since late 1999 when the Los Angeles Kings moved into Staples Center, I have always wanted to watch a game from one of the luxury suites... it's actually an item on my bucket list -- or as a friend suggests I should call it to be more upbeat, my "Leap List." 

So... on Saturday, February 18, 2012, in celebration of me becoming officially old, some of my oldest and dearest friends met in Luxury Suite E-8 as the LA Kings attempted to score at least one goal against the Calgary Flames... and failed miserably. (They lost 0-1... again.) But we still had a blast!

The night was extremely special to me because each year, I do small birthday things with my different groups of friends... all separately. A dinner here, drinks there. But this year, I decided to go big and have everyone -- all the distinct groups -- together in one spot, for one night of fun. Thanks to everyone who attended for making my birthday so special!


When you splurge for a suite, you get to go into Staples Center two hours before game-time, before the common-folk are allowed in. It's super-cool (literally and figuratively) and kind of spooky quiet.



My Poker Peeps surprised me with a champagne delivery and toast during the first intermission! Thank you guys!



My pal Diana not only bribed someone at Staples to let her bring in dessert (vs pay THEM for dessert), but she also slaved away all afternoon to bake and decorate these delish chocolate and vanilla sprinkled cupcakes that we ate during the second intermission. I love the boxes they came in. So cute!! (Diana also brought me a purple-jeweled tiara to wear all night that I love!)



Cupcakes (and the cute purple box) get their close-up!

1 comment: